With minor leagues season done, Nats to promote 5 players
The minor league baseball season is now over. That means addition to major league rosters. For the Washington Nationals, it means they will add an IF and 4 pitchers.
The Nats will promote IF Ian Desmond. I am particularly excited to see Desmond, simply because he may be part of the fixing of the Nationals roster next season. Desmond had a terrific minor league season playing at Syracuse (AAA). Combined between Harrisburg(AA) and Syracuse, Desmond hit .328 with 7 homers and 32 RBis. Desmond is also a very solid fielder, something the Nationals will strive to fix next season. Desmond could be part of that solution.
The Nats are also promoting 4 pitchers, 2 starters and 2 relievers. Ross Detwiler will make his second round of appearances for the Nationals. Detwiler was with the Nats earlier in the season and struggled with an 0-5 record and an ERA of 6.40. After being sent to Syracuse, Detwiler went 4-2 with a 3.10 ERA.
The Nats will also promote Marco Estrada, a 2007 darft selection. It is unclear whether Estrada will be used out of the bullpen or to star, he has done both in the minor leagues. The article points to Estrada starting.
Logan Kensing was obtained during the season via trade, but struggled and was sent to Syracuse. There, Kensing became an effective closer for the Chiefs, posting a 2-1 record, recording 17 saves and a 2.97 ERA. Nast are also promoting reliever Zach Segovia. Segovia was 2-5 with a 3.28 ERA. On the season, he was 3-5 with a 3.24 ERA and 6 saves. In 72.1 innings. Segovia struck out 66.
- He's A Bear Alright| Should NFL Scouts Be Beware of Robert Griffin?
- NBA Primetime's Top Three Upcoming Point-Guards Destined For Greatness
- Fantasy NBA: Sophomore Studs
- Redskin Writers Have Spoken: 9-7 Season and Iffy Playoffs for Washington
- Week 1: Dolphins at Falcons Game Thread
- TNA Traci Brooks Pics
- Michael Jordan Hall of Fame Speech
- I Haven't Been Posting Lately Because...
- Open Thread: Red Sox vs Rays 9/2
- Basketball Hall of Fame Videos
- 2013 Draft: Lottery - chances of a top 3 pick
- 2013 Draft: Who would you pick at #10?
- Club Blazers GMs
- 2013 Draft: Combine Official List of Invites
- 2013 Draft: Rudy Gobert
- Kostas Papanikolaou is a winner
- Sacramento keeps their team
- Top pick Anthony Bennett needs shoulder surgery
- 2013 Draft: Trading for a starting center
- Kaleb Canales leaves Blazers for Mavericks
New York Yankees
New York Knicks
Black History Month 2011
New York Jets
NBA Free Agency
New York Mets