Washington and their free agent pursuits
Washington worked hard to fix its offense between 2008 and 2009. It appears to have worked. The Nationals scored 641 total runs in 2008. They’ve scored 631 as of September 10. Washington has also hit more home runs, driven in more runs, and has a higher batting average/OBP/slugging percentage combination than it did in 2008. They’ll obviously improve upon those numbers before the season ends. Plus, they’ll also have a full year of the pesky Nyjer Morgan and Jesus Flores in 2010 to compliment Ryan Zimmerman, Adam Dunn, and the rest of the offense. Washington’s problem is clear. “We’ve fixed the offense this year. With Nyjer here all next year and
Jesús back, we should be better,” Zimmerman said. “Now we need to do
the same thing with our pitching and defense — give up about 100 less
Washington currently sports MLB’s worst team ERA (5.11) and the National League’s worst opponent batting average (.278). They’ve also generated the NL’s fewest quality starts with 53 and given up the most runs (766) and earned runs (695). They’re on pace to give up 73 more runs than any team in the NL. As discouraging as those stats appear, hope may be on the way.
- He's A Bear Alright| Should NFL Scouts Be Beware of Robert Griffin?
- NBA Primetime's Top Three Upcoming Point-Guards Destined For Greatness
- Redskin Writers Have Spoken: 9-7 Season and Iffy Playoffs for Washington
- Fantasy NBA: Sophomore Studs
- Week 1: Dolphins at Falcons Game Thread
- TNA Traci Brooks Pics
- Michael Jordan Hall of Fame Speech
- I Haven't Been Posting Lately Because...
- Open Thread: Red Sox vs Rays 9/2
- Basketball Hall of Fame Videos
- Cavs willing to trade #1 pick
- Olshey's direction may conflict with LaMarcus
- 2013 Draft: Draft picks for sale
- Club Blazers GMs
- general summer NBA babble
- 2013 Draft: Lottery - chances of a top 3 pick
- Brothers assaulted after taking Lillard's picture
- 2013 Draft: Who would you pick at #10?
- 2013 Draft: Combine Official List of Invites
- 2013 Draft: Rudy Gobert
New York Yankees
New York Knicks
Black History Month 2011
New York Jets
NBA Free Agency
New York Mets