TOR 11, BOS 5: Too Much To Ask
After pitching 2 1/3 innings of relief just last night, the Red Sox were not asking for extended innings from Michael Bowden on Monday night. Unfortunately, seven hits and seven runs over three innings wasn’t quite what they had in mind.
It was the rain that eventually stopped the bleeding in the seventh during the rain-shortened loss to the Blue Jays, 11-5. The bullpen, which gave up another four runs in the next two innings, was certainly in no shape to apply any tourniquet. Youn lefty Hunter Jones gave up all four of those additional runs in just 1.2 innings of work.
Missing Mike Lowell, Hideki Okajima, and tonight’s scheduled starter Josh Beckett, all due to nagging injuries, the Red Sox bats managed to save some face, as Kevin Youkilis launched two bombs and David Ortiz added another, brining his total for the season to 28.
Tonight’s “Even Though My Team May Be In A Small Slump, I’m Going to Break the Hell Out of Mine” Award goes to Youk. Welcome back to the big show.
Next game: 9/25 - BOS @ TOR - Buchholz / Romero
- He's A Bear Alright| Should NFL Scouts Be Beware of Robert Griffin?
- NBA Primetime's Top Three Upcoming Point-Guards Destined For Greatness
- Redskin Writers Have Spoken: 9-7 Season and Iffy Playoffs for Washington
- Fantasy NBA: Sophomore Studs
- I Haven't Been Posting Lately Because...
- Week 1: Dolphins at Falcons Game Thread
- Michael Jordan Hall of Fame Speech
- TNA Traci Brooks Pics
- Open Thread: Red Sox vs Rays 9/2
- Basketball Hall of Fame Videos
New York Yankees
New York Knicks
Black History Month 2011
New York Jets
NBA Free Agency
New York Mets