That Didn’t Take Long: Bullpen Edition
Not exactly the “fire” I wanted for Dale Thayer but it is a start. A pLI of 0.60, his highest this season, getting Lou Montanez to fly out in the seventh inning with two outs after allowing the inherited runner to move up to third base after a wild pitch. That out became be huge as Willy Aybar hit a game tying 3-run home run in the bottom half of the seventh. This gave Thayer a generous .016 WPA for the night, his highest this season.
As for the rest of the pen, a very matchup effective night as Maddon used six different relievers to get nine outs. Lance Cormier is finally getting some high leverage situations and Randy Choate making a case for a Rays jersey in 2010. Grant Balfour could be the man of the bullpen with six games remaining this season.
If Andy Sonnanstine actually used a changeup and threw his junk pitches in crazy arm angles, he might also be a favorite for a Rays 2010 pen job. Although he still has a future as a Major League starter, his platoon splits need to be fixed.
- He's A Bear Alright| Should NFL Scouts Be Beware of Robert Griffin?
- NBA Primetime's Top Three Upcoming Point-Guards Destined For Greatness
- Redskin Writers Have Spoken: 9-7 Season and Iffy Playoffs for Washington
- Fantasy NBA: Sophomore Studs
- I Haven't Been Posting Lately Because...
- Week 1: Dolphins at Falcons Game Thread
- Game Preview: Redskins @ Lions
- Power Plug: Post Week Two, 17 Power Polls
- Michael Jordan Hall of Fame Speech
- TNA Traci Brooks Pics