Saturday’s Games - September 19
San Diego at Pittsburgh: Ross Ohlendorf could make his final start of the season on Saturday. He’s been the rotation’s horse since the All-Star break. The Padres will try to get back on track with lefty Clayton Richard, who will oppose Ohlendorf.
Washington at New York Mets: After a tough loss on Friday, New York’s losing streak has hit six straight. The Mets have scored more than two earned runs off the opposing starter just twice in their past 14 games. On top of that, Washington’s John Lannan has been a Met killer in his last two starts.
Cleveland at Oakland: Not to be outdone, Cleveland has a six-game losing streak of its own. Oakland, obviously, continued its winning streak and looks to run it to six games.
Chicago Cubs at St. Louis: Chicago is in the midst of a three-game losing streak (thanks to a Matt Holliday walk-off home run) and faces Cy Young candidate Chris Carpenter on Saturday. This weekend is also the first time Mark DeRosa faces his former team as a member of the Cardinals.
Detroit at Minnesota: Minnesota is now within 3 games of Detroit after winning on Friday. Carl Pavano is 4-0 with a 1.48 ERA against Detroit. In his four starts, he’s
struck out 18 batters while walking just one. Of the five total
runs he’s allowed, he’s never surrendered more than two in a game. He matches up against Justin Verlander, who should give Detroit a chance in this one.
- He's A Bear Alright| Should NFL Scouts Be Beware of Robert Griffin?
- NBA Primetime's Top Three Upcoming Point-Guards Destined For Greatness
- Redskin Writers Have Spoken: 9-7 Season and Iffy Playoffs for Washington
- Fantasy NBA: Sophomore Studs
- Week 1: Dolphins at Falcons Game Thread
- TNA Traci Brooks Pics
- Michael Jordan Hall of Fame Speech
- I Haven't Been Posting Lately Because...
- Open Thread: Red Sox vs Rays 9/2
- Basketball Hall of Fame Videos
New York Yankees
New York Knicks
Black History Month 2011
New York Jets
NBA Free Agency
New York Mets