San Diego awaits the end of July
San Diego is 38-62, so you know their season isn’t going as they hoped. The season began in promising fashion. The Padres began 1-2, then rattled off eight wins in their next ten games. May was a strange month, replete with a six-game losing streak and a subsequent ten-game winning streak. After their hot start, the Padres were 25-26 on June 1. They only won eight games during June.
July has been even worse for San Diego. The Padres went 2-10 before the All-Star Game and are 2-10 since. 4-20 for the month of July. Miserable is the most apt way to describe how this month has been for San Diego. The team could be staring at the worst month in franchise history if they don’t win those games. The Padres went 5-22 for a winning percentage of .185 in August 1969, their first season. They’re quickly approaching that mark. San Diego also finds themselves in a three-game losing streak.
- A special guest on tonight's Knee Jerks: Bob Page
- Interview with Mark Malaska
- Back From the Hall of Fame (Not the Basketball One): News and More
- Wilson & The CD Have Fan Fest Tix... For Free!
- Report: Blair signs contract
- 2009 Bears Preview
- Cowboys Open '77 Season with 7-0 Start
- Desperate times, desperate measures
- Season Preview 2009 Minnesota Vikings
- Talking To Chicks Who Love Hoops: Taking Crazy Pills