San Diego awaits the end of July
San Diego is 38-62, so you know their season isn’t going as they hoped. The season began in promising fashion. The Padres began 1-2, then rattled off eight wins in their next ten games. May was a strange month, replete with a six-game losing streak and a subsequent ten-game winning streak. After their hot start, the Padres were 25-26 on June 1. They only won eight games during June.
July has been even worse for San Diego. The Padres went 2-10 before the All-Star Game and are 2-10 since. 4-20 for the month of July. Miserable is the most apt way to describe how this month has been for San Diego. The team could be staring at the worst month in franchise history if they don’t win those games. The Padres went 5-22 for a winning percentage of .185 in August 1969, their first season. They’re quickly approaching that mark. San Diego also finds themselves in a three-game losing streak.
- Interview with Mark Malaska
- A special guest on tonight's Knee Jerks: Bob Page
- Wilson & The CD Have Fan Fest Tix... For Free!
- 2009 Bears Preview
- Back From the Hall of Fame (Not the Basketball One): News and More
- Cowboys Open '77 Season with 7-0 Start
- Talking To Chicks Who Love Hoops: Taking Crazy Pills
- Season Preview 2009 Minnesota Vikings
- Desperate times, desperate measures
- How A Dwayne Bowe Fumble Changed NFL History Forever
New York Yankees
New York Knicks
Black History Month 2011
New York Jets
NBA Free Agency
New York Mets