NBA Vet Says LeBron James’ Mother Did Sleep with His Teammate
Filed under: Basketball
I am not big on the Internet phrase, “OMG.” But when I recently read that an NBA vet was confirming the story about LeBron James’ mother sleeping with his teammate, Delonte West, the “OMG” phrase was all I could come up with. Former NBA great Calvin Murphy recently appeared on ESPN radio and said that the rumor about the sleeping habits of LeBron’s mother was totally true. In fact, he said that this was only part of the story.
Murphy then said that another man was involved in the affair, but didn’t say how. He also said that LeBron was so shaken by the incident, that he may take some time off in the upcoming season.
This sequence of events certainly weakens the credibility of the recent cease and desist order that LeBron’s attorneys sent out to celebrity gossip blogs, telling us that “no thinking person would believe such rubbish.” Perhaps LeBron’s attorneys were the only ones not doing any thinking, since we all know that sex happens and damn near anything is possible in the bedroom.
OK, I am not here to get in to the he say/she say of all this, I’ll leave that to the gossip blogs. I only have a few quick comments to make about the affair involving LeBron James’ mama:
1) Who cares? Isn’t it his mother’s right to decide who she sleeps with? Every little boy’s nightmare is to find out that his mama is less than pristine in the bedroom. But then again, that’s how LeBron got here. He might need to do what other little boys do and close his eyes and ears to his mother’s personal decisions. It’s difficult, but necessary. Simultaneously, most would hope that a good mother would protect her son’s feelings and not expose him to things that his mind may not be prepared to deal with. My mother shielded me so much that I thought she was a virgin until I was 18. OK, just kidding.
2) This could spell trouble for the Cavs: LeBron has been talking about leaving Cleveland for a while. This might be the straw that leads LeBron to take his skills elsewhere. At the very least, Delonte West had better make sure he’s been saving his chips, since his days in Cleveland may surely be numbered. The fans of Cleveland will have little patience for the man whom they believe to have distracted their basketball savior. Most of us might agree that if the rumors are true, Delonte could have found someone else to sleep with besides LeBron’s mother. To be real with you, that’s just tacky.
3) Why is Calvin Murphy spilling the beans on this? I would imagine that a great NBA vet would have something better to do than sit on the radio and undermine one of his colleagues in this way. I can’t wait to hear what Murphy’s motives were in exposing this. Not only is LeBron likely fuming over this, but the NBA may never have a significant role for Murphy after this is done. Given that Murphy is believed to have fathered 14 children with 9 women, he may be a broke “haterologist” sitting on the sidelines throwing mud at those who are getting more attention than him. His radio show was also canceled earlier this year, so perhaps he needs this story to get his life moving again. With Murphy’s peculiar past, he has likely become an outsider to the NBA already.
4) Time off from the season? Are you kidding me? Not to say that this incident isn’t tragic for LeBron, but he’s got to stay focused. I don’t believe that the magnitude of this ordeal matches the one that led Michael Jordan to take time off from the game, when his father died. LeBron’s got to be tougher than that, and I know he is. I’d be shocked if he takes any time off next year - he’s got work to do.
Your Hottest News Stories
13-May-10 - Thirteen-year-old Isaiah Johnson was beaten in front of the class by his Science teacher.
12-May-10 - Rap megastar Lil Wayne, who is currently serving time at Riker’s Island due to a 2007 gun charge, was snitched on by a fellow inmate for concealing “unauthorized music contraband.”
12-May-10 - Mitrice Richardson, 24-year-old graduate of Cal State Fullerton, has been missing since September.
12-May-10 - The Kellogg Foundation is awarding $75 million over five years to undo the effects of racism on children in poor communities, I cheered the efforts of the Michigan-based nonprofit.
11-May-10 - Sgt. Robert Ralston, a Philadelphia police sergeant, said he was shot last month by an unidentified black man in the city’s Overbrook section actually fabricated the entire story and shot himself.
07-May-10 - Michelle Thomas had sex with her common-law husband on Thursday and was not satisfied, so she stabbed him with a pair of scissors.
06-May-10 - Judge Greg Mathis talks with Aol. Black Voices about black men standing up to fight for what is right in their communities.
05-May-10 - The Smithtown Messenger in Long Island depicts President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama as characters from “Sanford and Son, and the public backlash has led the paper to announce that it will issue a retraction in its next edition.
04-May-10 - Joe Jackson is seeing red these days now that Michael Jackson’s confidante and physician has come out publicly about the King of Pop’s alleged sexual preferences.
03-May-10 - Nushawn Williams, the drug-abusing, sex-obsessed New York man gave the gift of HIV to his victims. Now, after serving 12 years for his despicable crime, New York authorities have a problem. What are they to do with Williams, 33, upon his release, since he has shown little remorse for his crime, demonstrated violent behavior and just might try to infect more women? The answer is to simply keep Williams in jail.
- A Guest Post: World Cup Soccer in America
- Wacky Packages 2010 - All New Series (ANS) 7
- Nike LeBron VII Low – MVP Edition
- Delonte West Gloria James Sex Scandal is Hot Today
- Sports Business Awards prove National Football League is undisputed king
- NBA Vet Says LeBron James' Mother Did Sleep with His Teammate
- NY Knicks need a miracle to sign LeBron James and his name is Phil Jackson
- Cardboard appreciation: 1976 Topps Lou Brock
- Top 5 lessons NY Knicks should have learned from NBA Playoffs
- Rumor: Cleveland interested in LaMarcus Aldridge
- 2013 Draft: Trading for a starting center
- general summer NBA babble
- THE BIG off-season move to turn this roster into champions.
- 2013 Draft - early rumors
- 3-way tie for 10th place
- Apr. 17th vs Warriors (season finale)
- Apr. 16th vs Clippers
- Apr. 14th vs Nuggets
- Lillard wins 58th consecutive Rookie of the Month award
New York Yankees
New York Knicks
Black History Month 2011
New York Jets
NBA Free Agency
New York Mets