Nats’ Jesus Flores out for 3 to 6 months
C Jesus Flores was the future Catcher for the ball club. The future was suppose to be this year, Flores first full season to be annointed as the starting catcher. But that did not materialize Jesus Flores spent from May 9th to September 4th on the disabled list after suffering a shoulder cotusion from a foul ball. Now comes the news that Flores has a torn labrum and will have repair surgery and miss 3 to 6 months.
Hey, if it has to happen, now is not a bad time. The season is ending, thank God, and Flores has plenty of time to rehab. The question will ultimately be raised whether Flores is still seen as the future and present everyday catcher in DC.
Looking past Flores isn’t out of the realm. The Nationals have a solid prospect in the wings in Derek Norris. Norris will not be ready for majors next season after spending a fulls season this year in Low A in Hagerstown. But, Norris’ performance has sky rocketed him up the Nationals prospect chart. The 20 year old played in 126 games for the Suns and hit .286 with 23 home runs, which led the Nationals minor league system, and 84 RBIs. Norris was also in the system leaders with 78 runs scored and 30 doubles. He has been assigned to join 2009 first round pick Stephen Strasburg in the Arizona Fall League.
For now, Flores remains the Nationals focus behind the plate. It is unclear what the Nationals plans are for behidn the plate after Flores. It is unlikely the Nats retain backup Will Nieves and they may move past C Josh Bard as well.
- He's A Bear Alright| Should NFL Scouts Be Beware of Robert Griffin?
- NBA Primetime's Top Three Upcoming Point-Guards Destined For Greatness
- Redskin Writers Have Spoken: 9-7 Season and Iffy Playoffs for Washington
- Fantasy NBA: Sophomore Studs
- I Haven't Been Posting Lately Because...
- Week 1: Dolphins at Falcons Game Thread
- Game Preview: Redskins @ Lions
- Power Plug: Post Week Two, 17 Power Polls
- Michael Jordan Hall of Fame Speech
- TNA Traci Brooks Pics