Life is good again as Sox go for the sweep
Clay Buchholz beat Roy Halladay last night and has 1.89 ERA in his last three starts.
Jason Bay is 12 for 37 (.324) with 6 ding dongs, 11 RBI and 9 runs scored in his last 10 games.
David Ortiz is 10 for 32 (.312) with 4 homers, 8 RBI and 10 runs scored in his last 10 games.
Victor Martinez is riding a 4-game multi-hit streak and his precence in the dugout seems to have brough Big Papi back to life.
Dustin Pedroia just had a healthy baby boy and will be back in the lineup tonight.
Tim Wakefield is set to throw 80 pitches in Pawtucket on Friday and could rejoin the team next week.
And Daisuke Matsuzaka is scheduled to throw another bullpen session, followed by a starts in the Gulf Coast League, Double A Portland and Pawtucket with an eye on a mid-September return to the bigs.
Now if only the Yankees would go on a 10-game losing streak…
Jon Lester will try to keep the good vibes flowing tonight when he faces Brett Cecil and the Blue Jays. Lester is 3-3 with a 3.33 ERA in 8 starts against the Jays. He’s pitched well of late (2.37 ERA, 28 K, 5 BB in Aug.), but Jon’s been handed a no-decision in his last four starts.
Last time Lester faced the Jays it was in Toronto and he held them to 3 runs through 7 innings but took the loss thanks to a complete game by Roy Halladay. This time the Red Sox offense will be facing Brett Cecil.
Cecil is returning from the DL after 3-0 witha 2.01 ERA in his last fiove starts before the injury. Sounds promising for the Jays, but Cecil was shelled by the Sox for 8 runs and 5 homers the last time we faced him.
Bottom Line: The Sox are riding high right now and a sweep of the Jays would really put us in the right frame of mind for this upcoming Yankees series.
Don’t make me sad again boys…
- Big Nike “Lil’ Dez” Quickstrike
- Ben Wallace to return to Detroit
- Great running catch in the outfield
- NFL Should Pay For Cowboys Scoreboard To Be Raised
- It Took Two Celtics for the Lakers to Win their First Title in LA
- Nike Big Nike - Lil Dez Congrats Kobe Quickstrike
- No Need to Play Next Year: Looks Like a Purple Repeat
- Talking to the Enemy: Preseason Game #1 Baltimore Ravens
- Photo Recap: Nike Lebron Air Max VII Summit
- Hyperbole, thy name is Lions beat writers!
New York Yankees
New York Knicks
Black History Month 2011
New York Jets
NBA Free Agency
New York Mets