Delonte West Expected At Training Camp on Monday and More Media Day Madness
Breathe, Cleveland. Relax. Forget about the Browns and the way they have embarrassed your city.
That’s because Cleveland’s best hope for a championship of any sort since 1964 begins a championship-or-bust campaign this week.
The biggest question mark surrounding the Cavs going into training camp on Monday isn’t about LeBron James’ free agency or maybe even Shaquille O’Neal’s arrival. It’s about the legal issues facing guard Delonte West and his availability for the start of the season.
West played a huge part in the Cavs’ NBA-best 66-16 record last year, and at the very least he’s facing a suspension from the league for gun possession. From an Associated Press report on Sunday:
Cavaliers guard Delonte West, facing gun
possession charges, is expected to report to
Cleveland’s training camp Monday.
West was arrested on Sept. 17 after police said he was
carrying two concealed handguns and a shotgun when he was
pulled over on a three-wheel motorcycle near his Maryland
home. Carrying an unlicensed handgun is a misdemeanor in
The Cavaliers have had little to say about West since his
arrest, but general manager Danny Ferry confirmed Sunday
that West will be at camp on time.
The Cavs have been reportedly after another combo guard to come off the bench behind starters West and Mo Williams. If and when West is unavailable to start the year, free agent acquisition Anthony Parker is expected to start at shooting guard.
- He's A Bear Alright| Should NFL Scouts Be Beware of Robert Griffin?
- NBA Primetime's Top Three Upcoming Point-Guards Destined For Greatness
- Redskin Writers Have Spoken: 9-7 Season and Iffy Playoffs for Washington
- Fantasy NBA: Sophomore Studs
- I Haven't Been Posting Lately Because...
- Week 1: Dolphins at Falcons Game Thread
- Game Preview: Redskins @ Lions
- Michael Jordan Hall of Fame Speech
- TNA Traci Brooks Pics
- Basketball Hall of Fame Videos