Brewers to decide among these four players
Let’s pretend that you are the Brewers’ GM and wanted to look at four prospects’ AAA stats for the year and received these numbers:
Given just these numbers, who would you be most likely to keep? Who would you most want to trade?
Player B is the oldest, but he’s almost played the most games, has the most HR’s, the most RBI’s, the highest slugging percentage and the highest OBP.
Player A is the youngest, but has the most Hits and SB’s.
Player D has the fewest games, fewest hits, the most K’s (and the highest K/AB), and the highest errors.
Now…player A can play SS or 2B; player B played at 2B, SS, 3B and OF, while player C can play 2B or SS, while player D can only play 3B.
Who are these players? Player B is Adam Heether, while player A is Alcides Escobar. Player D is Mat Gamel, and Player C is Hernan Iribarren.
Does that change anything? Should it? Seems like Adam Heether should be kept in place of Craig Counsell (except Heether bats right-handed)…but may also have some trade value. Based solely on numbers, Gamel would seem to be the least desirable–but many believe has upside potential.
The biggest question? Why didn’t Melvin call up Heether? Heether is not on the 40-man…but why not?
- He's A Bear Alright| Should NFL Scouts Be Beware of Robert Griffin?
- NBA Primetime's Top Three Upcoming Point-Guards Destined For Greatness
- Redskin Writers Have Spoken: 9-7 Season and Iffy Playoffs for Washington
- Fantasy NBA: Sophomore Studs
- I Haven't Been Posting Lately Because...
- Week 1: Dolphins at Falcons Game Thread
- Michael Jordan Hall of Fame Speech
- Game Preview: Redskins @ Lions
- TNA Traci Brooks Pics
- Open Thread: Red Sox vs Rays 9/2
New York Yankees
New York Knicks
Black History Month 2011
New York Jets
NBA Free Agency
New York Mets