Tags: Baseball, Basketball, New York Yankees, San Antonio Spurs, Derek Jeter, Eva Longoria, MLB, NBA, New York Yankees, San Antonio Spurs, tony parker
Are Tony Parker & Eva Longoria the Reason NY Yankees’ Derek Jeter Isn’t Married?
With the recent announcement that actress Eva Longoria has filed for divorce from San Antonio Spurs point guard Tony Parker, eyes widened and jaws dropped all across the country. Especially in light of the discovery of numerous text messages from Parker to Erin Barry, the wife of former teammate Brent Barry.
Unfortunately though, the impending dissolution of the Parkers’ three-year marriage shouldn’t come as much of a surprise at all. Over the course of the past several decades, the professional sports landscape is replete with evidence that marital fidelity has gradually become a dying concept.
The reality is polls and studies indicate that while nearly half of marriages within the general population end in divorce, a discouraging statistic intrinsically, the divorce rate among professional athletes is between 60 and 80 percent.
What’s even more disheartening is there are no viable solutions in sight because the contributing factors to this dilemma are inherent to the occupation.
- Are Tony Parker & Eva Longoria the Reason NY Yankees' Derek Jeter Isn't Married?
- Club Pistons Watch: Missing Jonas Jerebko (and a Big Man) Excerpt
- New York Giants Seek Redemption in The City Of Brotherly Love
- The Case for Michael Vick to Spend More Time in Prison
- Top Five Reasons New York Giants Should Be Thankful for Week 12
- New York Mets’ David Wright honors and instructs All-Stars of the future