1988 Leaf Baseballs’ Greatest Grossouts
Yeah, you just THOUGHT the 1988 Leaf Awesome All-Stars were bad. You have no idea. There are 88 stickers in this set, featuring disgusting creatures from baseball days gone by in some Garbage Pail Kids parallel universe.
First up, we have Benny the Blob, who can block home plate, but can’t really tag you out. It’s a stalemate situation, really. Then, Kiel D. Ump peeks in. You get it right? “Kill the ump!?” Oh, the hilarity ensues. Somebody should sue. Joker Joe takes the “slider” to a whole new level.
Rich Kid Richie may have dollars on his hat, but his money would be better spent on plastic surgery. Looney Lyle is, well, looney. Since he uses three bats at once, if he misses a pitch, does that mean he’s out? Russ T Armor (who should not be confused with famously-named Rusty Kuntz) throws a wicked curve.
Sad Sack Sal is the cheerleader. Well, he should be anyway! Hogface Homer is actually the rejected mascot tryout for the Arkansas Razorbacks. I always wondered what happened to that guy. And finishing up the pack, Rightey Whitey. They say he’s a mean right-handed pitcher. I don’t know where they come up with these things.
Written by PackToBeNamedLater
- Random Topps Card of the Day: 2005 Topps #702 Ichiro Suzuki AL Gold Glove Award
- Blog Bat Around: $50,000 Is Burning A Hole In My Pocket
- My Entry For Punk Rock Paint's Contest
- An Idea To Improve Next Year's Triple Treads
- 2005 Topps Draft Pick #UH317
- Group Break Leaderboard and 1999 Collector's Choice Pack 12
- Blog Bat Around: The Ultimate eBay Shopping Spree
- Blog Bat Around: $50, 000, 15 minutes, and two blueberry muffins
- Holy Shit, Was That an Awful Card Show!
- Match Attax World Cup Edition